Supported by Carinafour since 2012
- 6 times improvement in lead time and 30% productivity increase in two years (2014-2016)
- Cellular manufacturing lines of staterooms were changed to takt-based production
- We operate all the prefabrications for the main assembly line
- We have digital-based reporting measures for performance, disruptions, and we bring transparency to development needs.
- We measure constantly assembler satisfaction, i.e., how pre-requisites for assemblers’ work are fulfilled.
MAC / Turku HVAC
Carinafour has been in charge of the material management and modular HVAC room production since 2017.
- Assembly work productivity has increased by 32,5% (08/2020)
- All thin steel ducts for Meyer Turku’s HVAC rooms are delivered through Carinafour’s logistics center
- From the logistics center, material packages are directed on daily basis to right place on the right time with the help of CALS system and QR coding.
- Daily management methods are used to solve occurred problems, track root causes and carry out necessary corrective actions. Constant productivity improvements are followed with set metrics.
Fira Modules 2.0
- Carinafour has contract manufacturing alliance with Fira Modules regarding bathroom module production
- Fira Modules is in charge of the product specification, product development and sales. Carinafour is responsible for operations through the whole supply chain (procurement, purchases, logistics, production, and product delivery).
- Supply chain is managed from the beginning to the end with CALS system. Production is based on takt-time production.
- 450 bathroom modules has been produced in 2020 and the target for 2021 is 650 bathroom modules
Fira’s Agile pipe renovations
Material availability was improved by 98% just in 22 weeks
- With help of CALS system, Carinafour delivers site-specific material packages to the assemblers at the right time and place
- Construction sites are digitally managed and situation awareness is available in CALS
- Fira pipe renovations are the first building project in Finland where site-specific bills of materials have been created (including product names, material codes and amounts)
- Fira pipe renovations can be completed in six weeks in block houses. Lead time is shortened constantly.